A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the most devastating injuries caused by an accident. The effects can be life-changing, both physically and financially. If you or your loved one has suffered a TBI due to someone else's negligence, then contact Greenberg & Ruby, LLP today to see how we can help.
WHY OUR FIRM IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR YOU
- We have over 50 years of experience helping people in California get the justice they deserve.
- We are committed to treating each of our clients with courtesy, respect and compassion.
- We will not stop advocating on your behalf until we have secured the best possible outcome to your case.
COMMON CAUSES OF TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY
There is a wide variety of situations in which people can suffer head injuries, but they more commonly occur from:
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
Car wrecks and other collisions are among the most common causes of TBIs. It is incredibly easy for a person to hit their head or be struck by foreign objects.
SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS
People can fall in many different ways. When a person slips or trips, and then falls, their head can hit the ground hard and cause a brain injury.
A TBI can result from devastating medical errors, such as: incorrect medication dosages, a failure to properly diagnose or treat a pulmonary embolism, failure to diagnose a stroke or heart attack, decreased oxygenation due to excessive bleeding, failure to monitor a patient under anesthesia, and more.
TBIs due to workplace accidents are incredibly common.
People who are the victims of physical assaults may suffer brain injuries. If the assault happened at work or on dangerous property, victims may be able to pursue compensation for damages.
Even seemingly minor accidents can cause TBIs, so it is always recommended that medical treatment is sought after any kind of impact to the head.
TYPES OF DAMAGES YOU CAN RECOVER
When filing a personal injury claim, the goal is to recover total compensation for all your injuries and losses, both now and down the line. This type of compensation from a personal injury lawsuit is known as damages, and there are several common types:
- Medical Expenses: These costs often make up the bulk of personal injury claims. Both current and future medical expenses can be claimed. Our attorneys may work with experts to accurately estimate what your future healthcare costs could be.
- Lost Wages: TBI victims are often so severely injured that they are unable to work, or at least not right away. It could mean days, weeks, or even never returning again. All lost and future lost income can be recovered in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Reduced Earning Capacity: In some cases, individuals may be able to return to work, but will not be able to maintain the same job position or title. Victims can then demand compensation for that reduced earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: A TBI claim can include compensation for all of the physical pain and suffering a victim has endured.
- Emotional Distress: Accident victims often feel emotional distress in addition to physical, and can pursue compensation for this loss.
- Loss of Consortium: These damages are meant to compensate for intangible losses, such as the loss of companionship or the loss of an intimate relationship with a spouse.
A personal injury lawyer will be better able to advise you on which damages are available in your specific TBI case.
Speak to a seasoned attorney who understands traumatic brain injuries today
We will work tirelessly in pursuit of the maximum amount of compensation you deserve. Call (323) 782-0535 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free consultation.