A traumatic brain injury is one of the most devastating injuries a person can experience in an accident. The effects can be life-changing, both physically and financially. If you or your loved one has suffered brain injuries due to someone else's negligence, contact a Los Angeles brain injury lawyer at Greenberg and Ruby today to see how they can help.
Why Choose Greenberg And Ruby Injury Attorneys?
- Their injury attorneys conduct thorough investigations into all brain injury cases.
- They are caring with their traumatic brain injury clients and relentless with Los Angeles insurance companies.
- They skillfully handle brain injury negotiations and deal with any unexpected legal hurdles
- They provide their services on contingency. Meaning if you don't win your brain injury case, you don't pay.
- They provide free case evaluations to LA head injury victims and their families.
Common Brain Injury Causes in Los Angeles
There is a wide variety of situations in which people can suffer a traumatic brain injury, but the most common culprits are:
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Los Angeles car accidents and other collisions are among the most common causes of traumatic brain injuries. It is incredibly easy for a person to hit their head or be struck by foreign objects and permanently damage their brain.
Slip and Fall Accidents
People can fall in many different ways. When a person falls, their head can hit the ground and cause a traumatic brain injury.
Brain injuries can result from devastating medical errors, such as: incorrect medication dosages, a failure to properly diagnose or treat a pulmonary embolism, failure to diagnose a stroke or heart attack, decreased oxygenation due to excessive bleeding, failure to monitor a patient under anesthesia, and more.
Brain injuries due to workplace accidents are incredibly common.
People who are the victims of physical assaults often suffer brain injuries. If the assault happened at work or on a property deemed to be dangerous, victims may be able to pursue compensation for damages. Even seemingly minor accidents can cause significant brain injuries.
Types of Damages You Can Recover
When your brain injury attorney is filing a brain injury claim, the goal is to recover total compensation for all of your injuries and losses, both now and in the future. This type of compensation is known as damages, and there are several types of damages that brain injury victims may be entitled to:
- Medical Expenses: These costs often make up the bulk of personal injury claims. Both current and future medical expenses can be claimed. Brain injury lawyers often work with experts to accurately estimate what their clients' future healthcare costs could be and plan accordingly.
- Lost Wages: Traumatic brain injury victims are often so severely injured that they are unable to work. It could mean days, weeks, or never returning to work again. All lost and future lost income can be recovered in a brain injury lawsuit.
- Reduced Earning Capacity: In some cases, individuals may be able to return to work, but will not be able to maintain the same job position or title. Brain injury victims can then demand compensation for that reduced earning capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: A brain injury claim can include compensation for all of the physical pain and suffering a victim has endured.
- Emotional Distress: Accident victims often feel emotional distress in addition to physical and can pursue compensation for all of their losses.
- Loss of Consortium: These damages are meant to compensate for intangible losses, such as the loss of companionship or the loss of an intimate relationship with a spouse.
A Los Angeles brain injury attorney will be better able to advise you on which damages are available in your specific brain injury case.
Speak To A Seasoned Attorney Who Understands Traumatic Brain Injuries Today
The caring, proven Los Angeles injury attorneys at Greenberg and Ruby work tirelessly to obtain maximum compensation for their clients. All of their Los Angeles brain injury attorneys have unique backgrounds that have made them passionate about pursuing justice for injury victims. Firm owner, Emily Ruby, has secured more than $30M for victims over the last 10 years alone. Call (323) 782-0535 or fill out our online contact form to schedule your free consultation.