Burn injuries are among the most physically painful and psychologically damaging types of injuries that an individual can suffer, leaving scars that are both physical and emotional. Burn injuries frequently result in severe scarring and nerve damage that limits the skin's ability to perspire and react to stimuli. Fortunately, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries.
If you or a loved one has suffered a burn injury due to the negligence of another, contact the Los Angeles burn injury attorneys at Greenberg and Ruby today to discuss your case. They can help you secure the compensation you need to make a full recovery, and provide the assistance necessary to get back to a normal life.
WHY Greenberg and Ruby IS The Right Choice
The burn injury attorneys at Greenberg and Ruby are committed to providing the best possible assistance to all victims of burn injury accidents.
- Their injury attorneys conduct thorough investigations into burn injury cases.
- They are caring with their clients and relentless with insurance companies.
- They have secured more than $30M over the last 10 years alone.
- They skillfully handle negotiations and deal with any unexpected legal hurdles
- They provide their services on contingency. Meaning if you don't win, you don't pay.
- They provide free case evaluations.
HOW BURN INJURIES OCCUR
Burns can be caused by a number of different circumstances. This includes:
- Fire: Half of fire-related injuries take place in buildings without smoke alarms.
- Scalding hot water or boiling water.
- Certain types of chemicals
- Hot objects such as water heaters, radiators, or motorcycle exhaust pipes
- Fires caused by on-the-job accidents, automobile accidents, or residential fire accidents
- Electrical burns (usually from job-related activities)
- Thermal burns (typically caused at home from contact with hot liquid or steam over 115°)
- Chemical burns
TYPES OF BURN INJURIES
Burn injuries are generally categorized by degrees that relate to how deeply the burn injury penetrates the layers of skin.
- First-degree burns are minor burns that affect only the outer layer of skin, the epidermis. Though painful, first-degree burns often result in no more than discomfort and redness for a short period of time, as long as no infection occurs. First-degree burns are usually caused by sunburn or happen when skin comes into brief contact with moist or dry heat, chemicals, or friction.
- Second-degree burns affect the epidermis and the dermis, the first and second layers of skin, and are more serious than first degree. Pain, redness, swelling and blisters will all be present in a second-degree burn, resulting in possible mild scarring. Second-degree burns larger than 3 inches require professional medical attention.
- Third-degree burns penetrate all three layers of skin and can be identified by areas of dry and white skin and charring. Third-degree burns cause significant scarring and disfigurement and may potentially be fatal. They may also be accompanied by other secondary injuries like smoke inhalation or carbon monoxide poisoning. Third-degree burns may require skin grafting and may cause nerve damage.
- Fourth, fifth and sixth-degree burns refer to burn injuries that penetrate three layers of the skin, the muscle and the bone. These are often referred to as full-thickness burns. They are frequently fatal due to their damage to major arteries and veins, those who survive these types of severe burns may require amputation, extensive skin grafting and may suffer from disfiguring scars.
Burn-related injuries are among some of the most excruciating and debilitating injuries that a person can receive and in many cases they often leave the victim with scars that are both emotional and physical.
In general, burn injury victims are cared for in specialized burn injury units as severe burns run the risk of developing an infection, tissue swelling, fluid imbalance, dehydration and shock. Costs for this type of care can be astronomical and require long treatment as well as lengthy aftercare. This only adds to the financial worry of the victim.
Legal support immediately after a burn accident is often overlooked as the victim and their families are rightly concerned about immediate treatment. However, by contacting a Los Angeles burn injury attorney at the earliest possible moment, it will ensure that the case is reviewed as quickly as possible. The help of a highly skilled and experienced burn injury lawyer in Los Angeles will ensure that the victim doesn't have to worry financially and can put all their efforts into recovery and being able to move on with their lives.
HOW Greenberg and Ruby Can HELP
Depending upon the severity of the burns accident, a claim can easily run into hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars. This is why it's important to get it right.
The Greenberg And Ruby Injury Attorneys team sees to it that victims get full and fair compensation for their injuries speedily and efficiently. This means that the injured party can concentrate on trying to rebuild their life and moving on instead of having to worry about their case.
By helping you get the compensation you deserve, you can begin to move forward in life again.
Burn Injuries at WORK
If you have suffered a burn injury at work, then chances are that there will be a grossly negligent party. If this is the case then it is vital that you contact an experienced burn injury lawyer in Los Angeles that can help.
Greenberg And Ruby Injury Attorneys works with a myriad of independent experts who can use their skills to find out where the negligence lies. People such as accident reconstruction experts, health and safety advisers and medical professionals can all be called upon to present their findings to the representing attorney. From this, a lawyer can build a case for the plaintiff.
WHAT DAMAGES CAN You RECOVER?
In general, you may be awarded damages based on:
- Immediate and ongoing medical expenses
- Ongoing aftercare (depending upon severity)
- Loss of wages while in recovery
- Loss of future wages (if unable to continue in the same job)
- Emotional damage caused
- Any future counseling costs
Speak with a Top-Rated, Proven Burn Injury Lawyer Today
Burn injuries can leave a lifetime of pain and suffering for those involved. With a burn injury lawyer by your side, you may be able to secure the compensation that can help you get your life back to normal as fast as possible.
If you or a loved one has suffered serious burns in an accident, please contact Greenberg And Ruby Injury Attorneys today to discuss how they can help you secure the compensation necessary to make a full recovery.