Most people who drive a car will at some point in their life be involved in a car accident.
Even minor fender-benders and other small collisions can result in significant injuries that can take years to recover from.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident, contact the Los Angeles car accident attorneys at Greenberg & Ruby, LLP to discuss your case. They can help you secure compensation for your injuries due to the negligence of another party, and give you the assistance you need during this trying time.
WHY CHOOSE Greenberg & Ruby, LLP?
Greenberg & Ruby, LLP, is dedicated to providing exceptional representation to all those who have been injured due to negligence.
- They have 50 years' experience representing clients who have been injured in a car accident.
- They have a reputation for success, securing more than $250 million in total verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients.
- They are aggressive in their representation, preparing every case as if it is going to trial. This allows us to be comprehensive in our investigation of your case – and if we decide to go to trial, we are fully prepared to represent your case.
- They are well-regarded amongst their peers for providing exceptional representation for clients. In fact, many other attorneys refer their more complex cases to Greenberg and Ruby because they are trusted to deliver exceptional results.
- They operate on a contingency fee basis – there are no upfront costs, and you do not have to pay any legal fees unless they win your case.
Ultimately, Greenberg and Ruby is here to provide the help and support necessary to secure the maximum amount possible for your car accident.
TYPES OF CAR ACCIDENTS Greenberg Ruby HANDLEs
Car accidents are classified by their manner of collision. Manners of collision include rollovers, rear-end impacts, head-on crashes, side or T-bone collisions and off-road collisions. Each category is potentially dangerous or fatal, but rollovers, head-on collisions and side collisions are the most lethal. Types of car accidents Greenberg & Ruby, LLP handles include:
- Head-on collisions: involve two vehicles driving towards each other from opposite directions and colliding front to front.
- Rear-end collisions: the most common accidents; typically from tailgating, distracted driving and/or speeding. They're usually under-represented, many drivers do not report minor collisions to keep their insurance premiums down.
- Side impact collisions: often occur at intersections; one car is turning and another car fails to yield to right-of-way at a stop sign or a red light.
- Collisions with fixed objects: Collisions with fixed objects can cause significant injuries and, very often, death – especially at highway speeds. The most common fixed objects involved in these types of crashes are: trees, light poles, ditches and culverts, guardrails and guardrail posts, and parked cars.
Common Vehicle Negligence That Results in Compensation
Common causes of car accidents that result in compensation include:
- Distracted Driving: according to the NHTSA, 80% of all car accidents and up to 65% of near-miss car accidents are due to distracted driving no more than 5 seconds before the crash. Although there is nothing that can be done to prevent random accidents (such as falling palm trees or earthquakes), most car accidents occur due to actions that could have been prevented.
- Speeding: driving above the speed limit is the second largest cause of accidents due to driver negligence. Speeding slows the ability to react and correct in the event of an unforeseen obstacles. Speed limits are designed for maximum driver and pedestrian safety and several departments of the United States government work together each year to learn more about car accident causes and the best measures to prevent them.
- Driving Under the Influence: driving drunk or under the influence of other drugs is an obvious form and driver negligence that causes slow reaction times, decreased ability to observe driving conditions and other vehicles, pedestrians or other obstacles on the road.
- Reckless Driving: this is also an obvious cause of accidents, endangering not only the reckless driver but those nearby who cannot predict where they will go. Drivers on the road with aggressive and reckless vehicles must use defensive driving techniques to avoid or minimize interaction with these sorts of cars. Speed racing is a deadly form of reckless driving.
- Unforeseen Circumstances: weather conditions such as rain snow ice or fog, locations where large animals are known to cross, or roads that are curvy, unpredictable, narrow or unfamiliar may all cause accidents and drivers must exercise the utmost caution and awareness in these circumstances. Bad roads with potholes can cause tire blowouts and loss of control.
- Negligent Driving: Driving with negligence includes aggressive driving, inattentive driving, driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol or fatigue or driving while engaging and other tasks like texting or applying make-up.
- Neglected Equipment: Accidents also occur because of defective or neglected driving equipment, such as poorly maintained brakes, defects in the steering wheel, or tire blowouts from poorly maintained or poorly constructed tires.
How Will Comparative Negligence Affect Me?
Greenberg & Ruby, LLP will always look at comparative negligence. This is when the plaintiff admits some fault for the incident, but depending upon the circumstances, they may still be able to file a claim (with the percentage awarded being comparative to the fault of the client).
An example of this is that if a court agreed that the plaintiff was 30% responsible for the incident, they will still receive 70% of the total amount payable. If you were dealing with an insurance company, they simply wouldn't pay out, even if you were 1% at fault.
Get Help From Top-Rated, Proven Car Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a car accident, contact Greenberg & Ruby, LLP immediately to discuss your case. Greenberg & Ruby, LLP understands how much of an impact even a minor accident can have on someone's financial, physical, and mental health, Schedule a free initial consultation with them today to get your questions answered and case started.