Because motorcyclists have inherently less protection than other vehicles on the road, accidents can often involve serious injuries and even death. Worse, many accidents are caused because of the carelessness of others on the road – a failure to take into account the safety of the motorcyclist involved.
If you or a loved on suffered a serious injury due to a motorcycle accident, please contact Greenberg & Ruby, LLP today to discuss your case. We can help you secure the maximum possible compensation necessary to fully recover from your injuries.
WHY CHOOSE Greenberg Ruby?
The Los Angeles motorcyclee accident attorneys at Greenberg and Ruby are committed to providing exceptional representation for those who have been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident.
- They have more than 50 years' experience assisting clients who have been injured in a motorcycle accident due to negligence.
- They have a proven record of results, securing more than $250 million on behalf of their clients.
- They are well-known in the industry as aggressive litigators with a track record of success. In fact, they receive many referrals from other attorneys for more complex cases because of their reputation.
- They represent clients on a contingency fee arrangement – there are no upfront costs and no expenses throughout the case. Instead, you only pay at the end if they secure a favorable verdict or settlement.
HOW DO MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS OCCUR?
Although some accidents occur due to lack of experience on the part of the motorcycle rider, the vast majority of collisions with other motor vehicles occur because of the carelessness of other vehicles on the road. This lack of visibility is even more dangerous at intersections due to the number of vehicles interacting with each other creating a more complicated situation to navigate. In fact, the most common type of motorcycle accidents involve other motor vehicles at intersections turning left in front of a motorcycle moving straight or passing them.
TYPES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS Greenberg Ruby HANDLEs
Greenberg & Ruby, LLP represents clients who have been involved in all types of motorcycle accidents. This includes:
- Single Bike Motorcycle Accidents: Single-bike accidents make up about 25% of all motorcycle accidents, and usually occur when the rider hits an object or slippery surface and loses control. Single-bike accidents often are blamed on the rider when other factors may be involved such as faulty or defective equipment, hazards on the road or animal crossings.
- Multi-Bike Motorcycle Accidents: Other motorists' failure to visually observe motorcycles is the predominant cause of collision accidents. 3 out of 4 motorcycle accidents involve collisions with other motor vehicles, usually cars and trucks. In approximately 75% of these types of accidents the car or truck driver is at fault, having violated the motorcyclist's right-of-way because they simply did not see them. Usually this happens when the motorcycle is traveling in a straight course and the car turns left or right directly into or in front of the bike. Unfortunately, many motor vehicles' blind spots obstruct their view at the exact height and location where a motorcycle will commonly travel.
- Lane Splitting Motorcycle Accidents: Lane splitting can also cause accidents. When motorcyclists ride in between two lanes it is known as lane splitting or lane sharing. Lanes splitting is not illegal in the state of California, but if an accident is caused as a result of lane splitting the motorcyclist may be judged with comparative fault and held partially responsible for the accident. Unfortunately, many motor vehicle drivers are biased against motorcyclists riding between lanes, even though it is a legal way to travel. Many jurors in a court trial involving a motorcycle accident are biased against motorcyclists as well. In cases like this is helpful to have an experienced personal injury lawyer to help navigate these biases.
- Defective Equipment Motorcycle Accidents: Defective equipment is responsible for a significant number of motorcycle accidents. Frequently, defects in motorcycle brakes, shock absorbers, throttles, tires and even helmets can cause a rider to be unable to stop, to bounce out of control, to drive at irregular speeds, to lose full range of vision causing single-bike or multi-vehicle collisions.
- Failure to Yield Motorcycle Accidents: Failure-to-yield accidents often occur when other motor vehicles do not see motorcycles, but can also result from aggressive or negligent drivers who fail to yield with full awareness of the motorcyclist's presence. These types of accidents can cause the offending car to sideswipe motorcyclists, to collide with them head-on or to run them off the road. All three are serious accidents with severe physical consequences such as crushed limbs and dismemberment injuries, head and spinal cord injuries, and broken, fractured or shattered arms, legs, hips and pelvis.
- Red Light Motorcycle Accidents: Red light accidents often occur when a motorcycle has stopped at a red light and the car behind them misjudges the stopping distance and rear-ends them. Unfortunately, what would be a simple fender-bender between two cars can have deadly consequences for a motorcyclist. The biker may be forced into oncoming traffic from the impact of the collision and/or thrown from the bike. The sorts of injuries sustained from these situations are very serious, usually involving the spine, neck and head.
- Road Hazards Motorcycle Accidents: Road hazards are often ignored by the police when writing up accident reports, but even the most experienced motorcyclists can lose control when riding over uneven pavement, oil slicks or chemical spills from construction sites, gravel, loose dirt and sand or salt, potholes, surprise curves and roads that are in the process of being re-graded or resurfaced. All of the conditions listed above can lead to a dangerous lack of control.
WHY DO YOU NEED A LAWYER?
When people have been involved in a motorcycle accident and have been injured as a result, it is fair to suggest that they don't think about contacting a motorcycle accident lawyer. However, an attorney can provide counsel and representation with your interests in mind.
Many may rely on their insurer to make the best decision regarding compensation. However, they are very unlikely to act with your best interests at heart. The reasoning behind this is simple and it all boils down to profit. For any insurance carrier to make money, they need to take in as much in premium payments as they possibly can and invest it. At the same time, they need to make as few or as little payments as possible on claims. This means that as a client and an injured party, you are probably only going to receive the bare minimum for your property and your injuries sustained.
An attorney can help you overcome these obstacles by preventing an insurance provider from taking advantage of your situation. They can fight to ensure you do not receive any lowball offers – instead negotiating for your desired compensation.
Get Help From Proven, Experienced Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a motorcycle accident, contact Greenberg & Ruby, LLP to discuss your case. Motorcycle accidents can cause serious injuries and have a long-lasting impact on your life – don't leave your recovery in the insurance providers' hands. Schedule a free consultation today and see how Greenberg and Ruby can help you.