Working with a crane is one of the most hazardous jobs in the United States today. Crane accidents often result in serious bodily harm, long-term disability and in some cases death. If you have been injured, our crane accident lawyers in Los Angeles can help.
WHY GREENBERG & RUBY, LLP?
- Crane accident injury and wrongful death cases are often investigation-intensive and costly to pursue. Greenberg & Rubuy, LLP has the resources to take your lawsuit all the way through trial if needed.
- The outcome of our efforts over the last 50 years has been proven through case results and excellent representation on behalf of injured workers in Los Angeles and throughout California.
- They represent their clients on the basis that there are no fees if there is no recovery.
TYPES OF CRANE ACCIDENTS
Our crane accident lawyers have the knowledge and resources to handle claims related to crane injuries caused by:
- Contact with power lines (nearly 45% of the cases)
- Crane rigging failures
- Mechanical failures
- Cranes hitting people with heavy materials and objects
- Cranes dropping heavy materials and objects
- Cranes overturning
- Boom collapses
- Crane hook-lifting device failures
- Improper crane selection
- Unsafe conditions or debris surrounding a crane
- Inclement weather
- Improper crane set up
- Failing to comply with manufacturer specifications for crane use
All of these issues may result in severe or fatal injuries, for example, to the brain, bones, back or neck, or spinal cord. Following safety guidelines, operating instructions, and receiving proper training can seriously reduce the risk of an accident.
CRANE INJURY STATISTICS
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics identified 719 cases of work-related fatalities that were either directly or indirectly attributed to crane accidents between 1992 and 2002. They reportedly occurred as follows:
- 40.3% of victims were struck by a mobile crane or an object from an uncontrolled hoisted load.
- 24.1% of injuries were caused by the crane making contact with an electrical source, such as the overhead power lines.
- 12.2% from falling off of the crane.
- 10.6% while moving mobile cranes from one site to another.
- 10.2% were caught in the moving mechanisms of the crane.
- 2.6% fell under “other.”
WHY YOU NEED A LAWYER FOLLOWING A CRANE ACCIDENT
California workers' compensation is a complex body of law. Without a lawyer to protect your rights, you may not receive all the benefits you deserve for:
- Medical care
- Wage loss
- Permanent total disability
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Death benefits for family members
The majority of crane accidents are a direct result of negligence, whether it is overloading, improper training, poor maintenance, or some other error. A lawyer will fight to recover the compensation that you deserve for your injuries and other damages. In addition to handling the seemingly never-ending flow of paperwork and phone calls with insurance companies, that typically follow an accident. Crane injury lawsuits can be complicated and involve investigating, collecting evidence, filing deadlines, and negotiating with the liable parties. An attorney will put your mind at ease, by handling all aspects of the case and assuring you that they will obtain the best possible settlement.
SPEAK TO A LOS ANGELES CRANE ACCIDENT LAWYER
When you contact Greenberg & Ruby, LLP, the initial consultation is free. Discuss your legal options today, by calling (323) 782-0535.